Personalized medicine. Improved patient care.
United Medical Partners
The advancement of genetic research has led to far greater understanding of the importance of genetics in disease and a demand for pharmacogenetic testing companies. Personalized medicine uses genetic information, lifestyle behavior, and other risk factors to tailor medical decisions and treatments to individual patients. Thus, a pharmacogenetics testing lab provides knowledge that helps physicians prescribe a drug regimen with a greater probability of a positive outcome.
Implementing pharmacogenetics into your practice
- Eliminates need for trial and error medicine
- Gives information unobtainable through any other means to tailor patient’s medication regimen.
- Breaks down how patients metabolize specific drugs
- Cuts down on adverse effects from polypharmacy
- Simple cheek swab, which is easy to collect
A United Medical Partners consultant will be your personal genetics expert
- Train providers and staff in reading and understanding pharmacogenetic reports
- Assist in tailoring a personalized treatment regimen for patients based on pharmacogenetic and toxicology results
- Help recognize risks in polypharmacy based on lab findings